Research Topics & Ideas: Environment
100+ Environmental Science Research Topics & Ideas
Finding and choosing a strong research topic is the critical first step when it comes to crafting a high-quality dissertation, thesis or research project. Here, we’ll explore a variety research ideas and topic thought-starters related to various environmental science disciplines, including ecology, oceanography, hydrology, geology, soil science, environmental chemistry, environmental economics, and environmental ethics.
NB – This is just the start…
The topic ideation and evaluation process has multiple steps . In this post, we’ll kickstart the process by sharing some research topic ideas within the environmental sciences. This is the starting point though. To develop a well-defined research topic, you’ll need to identify a clear and convincing research gap , along with a well-justified plan of action to fill that gap.
If you’re new to the oftentimes perplexing world of research, or if this is your first time undertaking a formal academic research project, be sure to check out our free dissertation mini-course. Also be sure to also sign up for our free webinar that explores how to develop a high-quality research topic from scratch.
Overview: Environmental Topics
- Ecology /ecological science
- Atmospheric science
- Soil science
- Environmental chemistry
- Environmental economics
- Environmental ethics
- Examples of dissertations and theses
Topics & Ideas: Ecological Science
- The impact of land-use change on species diversity and ecosystem functioning in agricultural landscapes
- The role of disturbances such as fire and drought in shaping arid ecosystems
- The impact of climate change on the distribution of migratory marine species
- Investigating the role of mutualistic plant-insect relationships in maintaining ecosystem stability
- The effects of invasive plant species on ecosystem structure and function
- The impact of habitat fragmentation caused by road construction on species diversity and population dynamics in the tropics
- The role of ecosystem services in urban areas and their economic value to a developing nation
- The effectiveness of different grassland restoration techniques in degraded ecosystems
- The impact of land-use change through agriculture and urbanisation on soil microbial communities in a temperate environment
- The role of microbial diversity in ecosystem health and nutrient cycling in an African savannah
Topics & Ideas: Atmospheric Science
- The impact of climate change on atmospheric circulation patterns above tropical rainforests
- The role of atmospheric aerosols in cloud formation and precipitation above cities with high pollution levels
- The impact of agricultural land-use change on global atmospheric composition
- Investigating the role of atmospheric convection in severe weather events in the tropics
- The impact of urbanisation on regional and global atmospheric ozone levels
- The impact of sea surface temperature on atmospheric circulation and tropical cyclones
- The impact of solar flares on the Earth’s atmospheric composition
- The impact of climate change on atmospheric turbulence and air transportation safety
- The impact of stratospheric ozone depletion on atmospheric circulation and climate change
- The role of atmospheric rivers in global water supply and sea-ice formation
Topics & Ideas: Oceanography
- The impact of ocean acidification on kelp forests and biogeochemical cycles
- The role of ocean currents in distributing heat and regulating desert rain
- The impact of carbon monoxide pollution on ocean chemistry and biogeochemical cycles
- Investigating the role of ocean mixing in regulating coastal climates
- The impact of sea level rise on the resource availability of low-income coastal communities
- The impact of ocean warming on the distribution and migration patterns of marine mammals
- The impact of ocean deoxygenation on biogeochemical cycles in the arctic
- The role of ocean-atmosphere interactions in regulating rainfall in arid regions
- The impact of ocean eddies on global ocean circulation and plankton distribution
- The role of ocean-ice interactions in regulating the Earth’s climate and sea level
Tops & Ideas: Hydrology
- The impact of agricultural land-use change on water resources and hydrologic cycles in temperate regions
- The impact of agricultural groundwater availability on irrigation practices in the global south
- The impact of rising sea-surface temperatures on global precipitation patterns and water availability
- Investigating the role of wetlands in regulating water resources for riparian forests
- The impact of tropical ranches on river and stream ecosystems and water quality
- The impact of urbanisation on regional and local hydrologic cycles and water resources for agriculture
- The role of snow cover and mountain hydrology in regulating regional agricultural water resources
- The impact of drought on food security in arid and semi-arid regions
- The role of groundwater recharge in sustaining water resources in arid and semi-arid environments
- The impact of sea level rise on coastal hydrology and the quality of water resources
Topics & Ideas: Geology
- The impact of tectonic activity on the East African rift valley
- The role of mineral deposits in shaping ancient human societies
- The impact of sea-level rise on coastal geomorphology and shoreline evolution
- Investigating the role of erosion in shaping the landscape and impacting desertification
- The impact of mining on soil stability and landslide potential
- The impact of volcanic activity on incoming solar radiation and climate
- The role of geothermal energy in decarbonising the energy mix of megacities
- The impact of Earth’s magnetic field on geological processes and solar wind
- The impact of plate tectonics on the evolution of mammals
- The role of the distribution of mineral resources in shaping human societies and economies, with emphasis on sustainability
Topics & Ideas: Soil Science
- The impact of dam building on soil quality and fertility
- The role of soil organic matter in regulating nutrient cycles in agricultural land
- The impact of climate change on soil erosion and soil organic carbon storage in peatlands
- Investigating the role of above-below-ground interactions in nutrient cycling and soil health
- The impact of deforestation on soil degradation and soil fertility
- The role of soil texture and structure in regulating water and nutrient availability in boreal forests
- The impact of sustainable land management practices on soil health and soil organic matter
- The impact of wetland modification on soil structure and function
- The role of soil-atmosphere exchange and carbon sequestration in regulating regional and global climate
- The impact of salinization on soil health and crop productivity in coastal communities
Topics & Ideas: Environmental Chemistry
- The impact of cobalt mining on water quality and the fate of contaminants in the environment
- The role of atmospheric chemistry in shaping air quality and climate change
- The impact of soil chemistry on nutrient availability and plant growth in wheat monoculture
- Investigating the fate and transport of heavy metal contaminants in the environment
- The impact of climate change on biochemical cycling in tropical rainforests
- The impact of various types of land-use change on biochemical cycling
- The role of soil microbes in mediating contaminant degradation in the environment
- The impact of chemical and oil spills on freshwater and soil chemistry
- The role of atmospheric nitrogen deposition in shaping water and soil chemistry
- The impact of over-irrigation on the cycling and fate of persistent organic pollutants in the environment
Topics & Ideas: Environmental Economics
- The impact of climate change on the economies of developing nations
- The role of market-based mechanisms in promoting sustainable use of forest resources
- The impact of environmental regulations on economic growth and competitiveness
- Investigating the economic benefits and costs of ecosystem services for African countries
- The impact of renewable energy policies on regional and global energy markets
- The role of water markets in promoting sustainable water use in southern Africa
- The impact of land-use change in rural areas on regional and global economies
- The impact of environmental disasters on local and national economies
- The role of green technologies and innovation in shaping the zero-carbon transition and the knock-on effects for local economies
- The impact of environmental and natural resource policies on income distribution and poverty of rural communities
Topics & Ideas: Environmental Ethics
- The ethical foundations of environmentalism and the environmental movement regarding renewable energy
- The role of values and ethics in shaping environmental policy and decision-making in the mining industry
- The impact of cultural and religious beliefs on environmental attitudes and behaviours in first world countries
- Investigating the ethics of biodiversity conservation and the protection of endangered species in palm oil plantations
- The ethical implications of sea-level rise for future generations and vulnerable coastal populations
- The role of ethical considerations in shaping sustainable use of natural forest resources
- The impact of environmental justice on marginalized communities and environmental policies in Asia
- The ethical implications of environmental risks and decision-making under uncertainty
- The role of ethics in shaping the transition to a low-carbon, sustainable future for the construction industry
- The impact of environmental values on consumer behaviour and the marketplace: a case study of the ‘bring your own shopping bag’ policy
Examples: Real Dissertation & Thesis Topics
While the ideas we’ve presented above are a decent starting point for finding a research topic, they are fairly generic and non-specific. So, it helps to look at actual dissertations and theses to see how this all comes together.
Below, we’ve included a selection of research projects from various environmental science-related degree programs to help refine your thinking. These are actual dissertations and theses, written as part of Master’s and PhD-level programs, so they can provide some useful insight as to what a research topic looks like in practice.
- The physiology of microorganisms in enhanced biological phosphorous removal (Saunders, 2014)
- The influence of the coastal front on heavy rainfall events along the east coast (Henson, 2019)
- Forage production and diversification for climate-smart tropical and temperate silvopastures (Dibala, 2019)
- Advancing spectral induced polarization for near surface geophysical characterization (Wang, 2021)
- Assessment of Chromophoric Dissolved Organic Matter and Thamnocephalus platyurus as Tools to Monitor Cyanobacterial Bloom Development and Toxicity (Hipsher, 2019)
- Evaluating the Removal of Microcystin Variants with Powdered Activated Carbon (Juang, 2020)
- The effect of hydrological restoration on nutrient concentrations, macroinvertebrate communities, and amphibian populations in Lake Erie coastal wetlands (Berg, 2019)
- Utilizing hydrologic soil grouping to estimate corn nitrogen rate recommendations (Bean, 2019)
- Fungal Function in House Dust and Dust from the International Space Station (Bope, 2021)
- Assessing Vulnerability and the Potential for Ecosystem-based Adaptation (EbA) in Sudan’s Blue Nile Basin (Mohamed, 2022)
- A Microbial Water Quality Analysis of the Recreational Zones in the Los Angeles River of Elysian Valley, CA (Nguyen, 2019)
- Dry Season Water Quality Study on Three Recreational Sites in the San Gabriel Mountains (Vallejo, 2019)
- Wastewater Treatment Plan for Unix Packaging Adjustment of the Potential Hydrogen (PH) Evaluation of Enzymatic Activity After the Addition of Cycle Disgestase Enzyme (Miessi, 2020)
- Laying the Genetic Foundation for the Conservation of Longhorn Fairy Shrimp (Kyle, 2021).
Looking at these titles, you can probably pick up that the research topics here are quite specific and narrowly-focused , compared to the generic ones presented earlier. To create a top-notch research topic, you will need to be precise and target a specific context with specific variables of interest . In other words, you’ll need to identify a clear, well-justified research gap.
Need more help?
If you’re still feeling a bit unsure about how to find a research topic for your environmental science dissertation or research project, be sure to check out our private coaching services below, as well as our Research Topic Kickstarter .
Need a helping hand?
You Might Also Like:
research topics on climate change and environment
I wish to learn things in a more advanced but simple way and with the hopes that I am in the right place.
Thank so much for the research topics. It really helped
the guides were really helpful
Research topics on environmental geology
Submit a Comment Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- Print Friendly
Top 100 Environmental Research Paper Topics for Your Inspiration
Why taking care of our environment is essential.
Ever since humans first appeared, our planet has provided us with all basic needs like food, air, water, and energy. However, our environment can sometimes harm us too, with natural disasters like droughts, earthquakes, landslides, and floods. In such cases, we give our best to try and figure out the leading causes for their occurrence.
The more we learn about why something happens in nature, the better we can understand how to enhance or prevent it. As human beings, we all have some basic knowledge of the environment we live in. However, it’s essential to broaden those understandings daily and learn more about ecology and the environment. It’s the only way for us to stop the hazardous side-effects of our industrial growth from damaging the planet we live on.
Environmental Research for Better Living
We can also help prevent the extinction of endangered or endemic species, which are an essential part of our ecosystem and could cause a disbalance in their local environment if they were to disappear. Environmental research is not just a technique for survival – it’s much more.
It is now a separate field of study led by environmental sciences to positively impact the world around us. This type of research is extensive, and there are numerous environmental research paper topics college students can choose from and explore.
Some overlap with other disciplines, and based on your preferences – be it law research paper , health, biology, chemistry, science, debate, or other – you can choose yours and explore it in great detail. Writing about the environment in research papers is yet another step to a better environment.
Not only do these environmental research paper topics dig deeper into particular burning issues, their causes, and effects, but they also provide possible solutions that could help deal with them once and for all.
What Makes an Environmental Research Topic Good
Environmental research paper topics cover numerous issues which usually overlap with chemistry, biology, oceanography, civil engineering, water resources engineering, zoology, and the gas and oil industry. Simply put, there’s a great variety of topics you can choose from.
What makes one topic better than the other, though?
- First of all, it’s always better to choose a topic from an area of research you’re particularly interested in. For example, if you are more of a biologist, you should opt for topics covering plants, e.g., deforestation and afforestation.
- Secondly, that would always be an advantage if you’re able to reflect on a topic from a bystander perspective.
- And last but not least, a powerful topic should offer solutions to a particular modern-day problem in our environment. That way, your topic will have a clear purpose.
List of the top 100 environment research paper topics
The following list of 100 environment research topics will help you find inspiration, so you’ll be able to design your topic faster and start writing your paper without further delays.
The topics have been divided into groups for you to narrow down your search easier.
Environmental Health Topics
- Endemic wildlife – their unique importance for nature as a whole
- National parks and their significance for our health
- The global impact of tectonic movements on the world’s ecosystems
- Lung cancer and radon – analysis and potential solutions
- Acid rain and the harmful effects on aquatic life
- Killing wildlife with acid rain – what can we do to prevent it?
- How vital was prehistoric wildlife for the ecosystems we have today?
- Air pollution and its destructive impact on health
- Can recycling help improve the health of people worldwide?
- What can we do to minimize the depletion of the ozone layer?
- The depletion of the ozone layer and its harmful impacts on health?
- GMOs, herbicides, and pesticides in food and their impact on health
Environmental Debates Topics
- Can life on Earth co-exist with radiation? Artificial vs. natural radioactivity
- How essential is oil for the ecosystem? Oil pollution and the oil industry
- Is there anything we can do to reverse the ozone layer depletion?
- Will using red lights make a significant difference in our environment?
- When we say green energy, what do we mean? Is it green?
- Can we redeem our planet with the use of green energy?
- How far should humans go into meddling with extinction? Is it a natural cause?
Environmental Justice Topics
- Does the government have the most significant impact on the recycling effort of the country?
- Do we use the total capacity of science to impact climate change?
- Nuclear power – the importance for the environment and its role in foreign policies
- Freight transport is a major cause of greenhouse gases emission – how can we reduce it?
- The hospitality industry and the environmental management
Environmental Science Topics
- Industrial plants and their connection to water resources – are they a great cause for human diseases?
- Switching to hydrogen from fossil fuels – why is it beneficial for the world?
- How can we stop the destruction of coral reefs?
- The contamination of our soil – to what extent are wastes and pesticides responsible for it?
- The acidification of the ocean – how big a problem is it?
- The melting of permafrost and its impact on climate change
- Global warming – busting all myths about it
- The increased concentration of CO2 in our atmosphere – downsides
- Small water resources and their importance for the environment
- Acid rains and industrialization – what’s the link?
Environmental Controversial Topics
- The impact of toxic waste on our environment
- The causes and effects of global warming – what can we expect in the next decade?
- Can people make use of the greenhouse effect?
- The depletion of the ozone layer, the current situation, and prospects
- If all ice glaciers in the world melt from global warming – what can we expect?
- How important is recycling? Is it a safety strategy or a business?
Environmental Persuasive Speech Topics
- What strategic actions can we implement to save our environment?
- Conservation – an analysis
- How can Donald Trump help save our planet?
- To what extent should humans be concerned about endangered species, and how can they help stop their extinction?
- Deforestation – causes, dangers, and effects on our modern world
- The destruction of wildlife in the Amazon forest – impacts
- Afforestation – is it possible? Can it help save a dying planet?
Environmental Biology Topics
- Asthma attacks and the environmental influence on them
- The effects of genetic diseases on humans
- Roots of plants – a comparative study
- Photosynthesis is different in some plants – a comparative study
- Crustaceans and their importance for the environment
- Why do we call Earth a living organism?
- Invasive species and their impact on the environment
- Soil composition – is it the same everywhere, and why not?
- Viruses in nature – an analysis of how they work
- The different types of trees in your local area
- If honey bees become extinct, what would the effects on nature be?
Environmental Chemistry Topics
- The scientific standpoint for climate change
- Scientific examination and critic reviews on climate change
- The spread of harmful and dangerous microorganisms and farm chemicals
- How does farming affect the environment? Are there dangers to it?
- The contamination of groundwater – causes and risks
- The destruction of the forest ecosystem and its coping mechanisms
- Bush burning – the hazardous effects on the environment
- GMOs, pesticides, and herbicides – how do they impact our lives
- Spraying vegetables with chemicals – pros and cons
- The oil pollution and the dangers for wildlife
Environmental Economic Topics
- Air pollution and urban migration – is there a link?
- Modernization and noise pollution
- If we harness solar energy, will we make a good impact on the environment?
- The Gulfstream and its importance in the world’s economy
- The impact of the technological advancements on the environment
- Technology and the environment – benefits & downsides
- Ecology in the world today and prospects for the next decade
Environmental Argument Topics
- The impact of the environmental issues on the world as a whole
- Our planet Earth and its desertification – causes & effects
- Can we make a significant change in the environment with sustainable consumption?
- The implementation of sustainable consumption and prospects
- PET bottles – what’s unsafe about them? Can they kill you?
- The parameters for the quality of the sol and the impact of drought on it
- Cattle grazing and GMOs – their effect on the production of greenhouse gas
Environmental History Topics
- EPA – the hazardous waste
- Exxon Valdez and Santa Barbara oil spills
- The Love Canal Case and the Eastman Kodak Case
- The 1978 Three Mile Island
- A comparative analysis of the most prominent earthquakes throughout history
- A comparative analysis of the most prominent floods throughout history
- A comparative study of the most prominent landslides throughout history
- Norman Borlaug and the Rockefeller Foundation in the Green Revolution
- The SARE/LISA and the USDA programs on sustainable agriculture
- The emergence of agricultural biotechnology
Environmental Law Topics
- Human vs. animal rights
- Would implementing tax payments for carbon emissions help minimize them?
- Making vegetarianism mandatory – pros and cons
- If governments ban GMOs, what can we expect?
- The future of agriculture and organic farming
- Exports of animals – should governments ban them?
- Zoos – should governments ban them?
- Selling fur – should the government of each country ban it?
- Should we make the selling of plastic bags illegal?
- The impacts of tourism on our environment
We hope that these classified lists of environment project topics will help you find your most suitable pick. Whichever option you choose from, be it from the group of environmental science research topics or a research connected to environmental justice, you should always present both the supporting and opposing views.
Note that you have to set an academic goal before you start writing an essay. Therefore, make sure that the topic you choose can accomplish it. If you need help with research paper choice, writing, or else, you can always consult our experts.
If you think that would be too strenuous, buying research paper is another option many people resort to.
Order your paper now!
- 100+ Best Science Topics for Research Papers
- Cultural Research Paper Topics
- Entrepreneurship Research Paper Topics
- 100+ Best Religion Research Paper Topics in 2023
- 110 Unique Tranding Fashion Research Paper Topics and Ideas
20 Timely Thesis Topics for Environmental Science Students
The study of the environment revolves around everything that has to do with the Earth, its atmosphere, natural bodies and elements that define what we know today as our planet. Therefore, coming up with environmental thesis topics is something you can do by taking into consideration the diverse niches under the body or environmental sciences.
This article will explore the different aspects of environmental science with the aim of coming up with a list of environmental dissertation topic. So read along and do not hesitate to use any of the topic ideas discussed here as the brainchild of your thesis.
Environmental Science Thesis Topics
- An Analysis of the Western World’s Policy towards Healthy Ocean Management and Its Results
- Scrutinizing the Role of Technology in Environmental Engineering with the Aim of Improving the Environment
- Evaluating Alternative Energy Systems and the Role They Play in Managing the Earth’s Ecosystem and Minimizing Pollution
- Analyzing the Nigeria’s Niger Delta, its Environmental and Legal Issues and how Environmental Engineering Can be Used to Solve Them
- The Ecological Importance of the Amazon Forest, its Troubles and how Policies Can be Developed to Counter Them.
- The Importance of Creating Environmental Policies, protocols, and Laws to Preserve some of the Earth’s Symbolic Locations
- A Research on Public Education and the Different Techniques that can be Employed to Increase Public Awareness of Environmental Issues
- An Analysis of China’s Environmental Pollution Struggle and the Role Technology can Play in Alleviating its Problems
- An Analysis of Public Health, Animal Rights and the Need to Create Policies to Guide both Concepts
- A Research on the Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Western Nations and the Role of Human Habits in Aiding its Fluctuations
- An Analysis of Noise and Light Pollution and Their Effects on Public Health
- The Global Warming Phenomena, its Diversions, and the Studies Dedicated to Tracking Changes Attributed to Global Warming
- An Analysis of Carbon dioxide Fluxes Covering the Roles Played by Plants, Animals, and Water Bodies
- An Analysis of Water and Air Pollution and Their Impact Microorganisms
- An Analysis of Water Pollution, the Transportation of Water Pollutants and their Effects on Ocean Life Forms
- Analyzing Soil Contamination in Marshy Lands and the Importance of Computer Modeling for Understanding Their Impact
- The Impact of Soil and Water Pollution on Pond-dwelling Organisms and Their Effects on Amphibians
- Scrutinizing the National Environment Policy Act and How It Can be Implemented in the Developing World
- Making a Case for an International Environmental Protocol to Monitoring and Managing Public Health
- An Analysis of the Developing World and how the Interaction between these Societies and the Environment Affects Public Health
These are some of the timely environment thesis topics we promised you at the introductory section of this article. Here we have provided environmental health dissertation topics and other ideas which you are welcome to work with.
Posted by Mike Sung
- ← 20 Topics for Dissertation in International Relations
- UGC-CARE Journals
- iLovePhD Web Stories
List of Research Topics in Environmental Engineering
Table of contents
Water and wastewater treatment and reuse, advanced oxidation technologies, air pollution and control, soil pollution and remediation, solid and hazardous waste treatment and disposal.
- CO2 sequestration, separation, and utilization
Top 60 scopus-indexed journals in environmental engineering.
Environmental Engineering is a discipline of engineering that deals with the prevention & control of water, air, and soil pollution. In this article list of Research Topics in Environmental Engineering is listed.
The active research areas in the field of environmental engineering are water and wastewater treatment and disposal; environmental chemistry; environmental microbiology; environmental impact assessment; membrane technology; advanced oxidation process; catalysis; air pollution, prevention, and control; solid and hazardous waste management.
- Performance evaluation of improved biological treatment technologies for the treatment of sewage followed by UV disinfection for reuse
- A study of co-treatment of fecal sludge and sewage in the sewage treatment plant
- Performance evaluation of treatment and reuse of greywater by wetland system
- A comprehensive study on polluted river stretches on the Ganga River in India
- Development of treatment process for water treatment using ceramic membrane filtration to produce potable water
- Performance evaluation of microbial fuel cells for the treatment of industrial wastewaters
- Disinfection of secondary treated sewage using a novel UVC-LED reactor system for reuse
- A study on emerging contaminants in Indian waters and their treatment technologies
- Performance evaluation of improved anaerobic baffle filter reactor in treating domestic wastewater
- A study on the impact of perfluorinated compounds on human health
- A study on secondary treated domestic wastewater using an advanced oxidation process
- Development of novel photocatalytic reactors for treatment of industrial wastewaters
- Treatment of textile wastewater by using zero-valent iron nanoparticles
- Development of photocatalytic reactors for hydrogen production by water splitting technique
- Treatment of industrial wastewater by wet air oxidation processes
- Development of a novel photocatalytic reactor system for degradation of persistent organic pollutants from pharmaceutical wastewater
- Decolourization of textile dye wastewaters using ozone-based technologies
- Degradation of industrial wastewaters using TiO 2 -based nanocomposites
- Development of photocatalytic membrane reactor for the treatment of industrial and domestic wastewaters
- Photocatalytic hydrogen production from sulfide wastewater using nanocomposites
- Development of photocatalytic reactor for removal of endocrine-disrupting compounds from water and wastewaters
- Photocatalytic degradation of SO x and NO x using nanocomposites
- A study on endocrine-disrupting compounds in the atmosphere – effects on human and wildlife
- A study on vehicular movements in India – Effect of CO on human and wildlife
- A study on vertical profiling of air pollution in urban and metro cities
- Performance evaluation of alternative fuel technology to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in industries
- Design, development, and performance evaluation of slotted slack-petal pot chimney over a conventional chimney
- Effect of fine particulate matter and NOx on human and wildlife
- A study on the reuse of air conditioner condensate
- A study on sulfur reduction in coal-based thermal power plants
- Degradation of persistent organic pollutants from contaminated soil using photocatalytic processes
- Treatment of textile wastewater contaminated soil by using iron nanoparticles
- Removal of petroleum hydrocarbon compounds from contaminated soil using natural-based products
- Leachability and physical stability of solidified and stabilized sludge from textile effluent
- Assessment of heavy metal toxicity in soil and their remedial measures
- Alkali pre-treatment for bio mechanization of solid waste
- Converting inert wastes into bio-amendments / bio-fertilizers – pilot projects at legacy waste dumping sites in India
- Hydrothermal carbonization of crude oil sludge for recovery of solid fuel
- Encapsulation and solidification of salt-based evaporation residues
- Use of textile and tannery sludge as fine aggregates in concrete mix
- Development of novel methods for the treatment of E-waste
- A study on the treatment of nuclear waste
CO 2 sequestration, separation, and utilization
- CO 2 gas separation from fuel and flue gas using composite membranes
- Recovery of useful products from industrial flue gases
- Development of novel composite membranes for separation of CO 2 from flue gas
- Carbonation of coal fly ash for CO 2 sequestration
- Conversion of CO 2 to useful products by novel methods
- Performance evaluation of biomedical waste facility in India
- Occurrence, fate, and risk-based remediation of antibiotics in agricultural environments
- Bio-degradation of persistent organic compounds using bacterial species
- Bioremediation of oily sludge
- Biochar and compost-based bioremediation of crude oil contaminated soil
- environmental engineering thesis
- environmental project topics for college students
- new research topics in environmental engineering
- research papers on environmental engineering
- thesis topics in environmental engineering
Call for Junior Research Fellow – IIT Madras
7 types of journal peer review process, top 50 emerging research topics in marine engineering.
I need help in problem statement in environmental engineering
Kindly mail us. Check contact detail-Team iLovePhD
Greetings and Regards My name is Reza Fadaei, I am 49 years old. I have been in Iran’s Environmental Organization for 22 years as an expert in the natural environment departments, laboratory offices, water and soil pollution control office, and waste management. I am working as the manager of the provincial general administration. PhD student in environmental sciences and engineering, Islamic Azad University, Tabriz branch, Iran. I participated in a waste management training workshop with professors from Japanese universities and the Japanese Ministry of Energy and Environment. I am very interested in the rich and ancient culture of Japan. I would very much like to continue my doctoral studies in Japan and the subject of my doctoral dissertation. to do in your country. I hope you help.
I wanted to choose the topic of my PhD thesis in the field of environmental engineering with topics related to water or wastewater. My bachelor’s and master’s degrees were applied chemistry and the subject of my master’s thesis (the effect of magnetic nanoparticles on the removal of chromium from leather industry wastewater). Please guide me and if you have a chance, help me as a second guide or consultant. I would like to have a free study opportunity in your university if possible. I am also Azeri and I expect you to help me to present a high level thesis thanks again
I want to embark on a thesis on environmental soil remediation and on ground water
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
iLovePhD is a research education website to know updated research-related information. It helps researchers to find top journals for publishing research articles and get an easy manual for research tools. The main aim of this website is to help Ph.D. scholars who are working in various domains to get more valuable ideas to carry out their research. Learn the current groundbreaking research activities around the world, love the process of getting a Ph.D.
Join iLovePhD WhatsApp Channel Now!
Contact us: [email protected]
Copyright © 2019-2024 - iLovePhD
- Artificial intelligence
- How we work
55 Remarkable Environmental Topics for Research Proposal
Explore the collection of great environmental research topics from field experts.
Environmental Research Topics: Features, Importance & Great Ideas
Environmental investigations entail investigating the natural world’s structure and function, the association between humans and the environment, and how people’s values, beliefs, and attitudes affect that association. Environmental research topics thus cover a wide range of subjects, including climate change, biodiversity, pollution, renewable energy, and sustainability.
How to Choose Environmental Topics for Research
Environmental investigations is a very broad field that offers a wide range of areas to investigate. So how can you choose a good one for your paper? First, always pick an issue from the area you are interested in. What is environmental science direction you’d like to develop? Working on your paper will be easier since you’ll be motivated to explore something you care about. From there, sort through your environmental topics for research to determine the following:
- Relevance – does the proposal theme address an environmental issue with significant societal implications, such as pollution or climate change?
- Originality – does the investigation subject offer a new perspective on existing knowledge?
- Feasibility – are the environmental topics to research realistic and achievable based on the scope and your available resources?
- Scope – how broad is the matter of investigation? It shouldn’t be too broad or too narrow; it should be the right size to provide a comprehensive investigation.
When choosing environmental science research paper topics, avoid those that are too complex or require more resources and time than you can provide. Remember also to consider data availability, literature, funding, time, and ethical issues involved.
Environmental Topics for Research Paper Are Not Created Equal
Environmental science topics are created differently depending on your discipline, purpose, scope, and methodology. Thus, the approach used to formulate them differs as they will serve different purposes. For example, some are explanatory and will try to explain how something happens or works. Others will try to seek more knowledge about a subject(exploratory). Then, you might also encounter a few that compare and contrast two phenomena or situations.
When assessing investigation issues, carefully evaluate your goals and interests before committing to a specific one. Otherwise, you might get stuck. Luckily our research proposal writing services are always here to help you help to get out of even the most challenging situation!
The Most Actual Environmental Science Topics for an Excellent Proposal
Natural and human-made systems that shape our planet and affect its inhabitants are one of the most interesting areas to write a paper about. Check out these environmental topics for research paper to produce an engaging proposal.
1. Consequences of Climate Change Human Societies.
2. Challenges of Renewable Energy Technologies.
3. Recycling Initiatives and Their Implications on Reducing Pollution.
4. Challenges of Sustainable Management of Freshwater Resources.
5. The Impact of Low Air Quality on Human Health.
6. Effectiveness of Conservational Policies in Addressing Environmental Issues.
7. Impacts of Sustainable Transportation in Reducing Urban Ecological Footprint.
8. Effect of Marine Pollution on Marine Ecosystems.
9. Challenges Facing Sustainable Farming Practices.
10. Impacts of Electricity Generation on the Environment.
11. Ecological Hazards of Electronic Waste.
12. Tourism’s Negative Effect on Ecosystems.
Environmental science research topics are often flexible and can be broadened or narrowed down depending on the scope of your study.
Interesting Environmental Justice Topics
Environmental justice involves advocating for fair treatment and meaningful involvement of all people in implementing environmental laws and policies. Here’re exciting environmental justice topics for a good proposal.
1. Effect of Hazardous Waste Facilities on Minority Communities.
2. The Influence of Air Pollution Exposure on the Health of Marginalized Populations.
3. Effect of Unequal Distribution of Parks and Green Spaces in Disadvantaged Neighborhoods.
4. Relationship Between Indigenous Communities and Conservation Efforts.
5. Influence of Climate Change on Vulnerable Communities.
6. Differential Impacts of Natural Disasters on Marginalized Populations.
7. The Importance of Environmental Education in Empowering Disadvantaged Communities.
8. Barriers to Equitable Access to Healthy and Sustainable Food Options in Marginalized Communities.
9. Geographical Inequalities in Accessing Clean Water.
10. The Intersection Between Food Justice and Ecological Concerns.
11. The Link Between Exposure to Pollutants Hazards and Adverse Health Outcomes in Socially Disadvantaged Groups.
12. Barriers to Equitable Distribution of Resources and Assistance During Post-disaster Recovery in Marginalized Communities.
The above can provide great options for a research proposal about environmental problems and how they affect specific populations.
Insightful Environmental Economics Research Topics
Environmental economics research topics aim to understand the human activities impacting on the natural environment and human welfare. So if you are looking for decent quantitative research ideas , consider the following offered by our experienced investigator.
1. Effectiveness of Economic Incentives in Promoting the Adoption of Renewable Energy Sources.
2. Effect of Pollution Regulations on Automobile Manufacturing Industry Competitiveness.
3. Factors Promoting Economic Growth in Green Industries and Sustainable Sectors.
4. The Economic Influence of Urban Sprawl on Environmental Quality.
5. Economic Implications of Water Scarcity.
6. Economic Incentives for Conserving Biodiversity.
7. Economic Benefits of Investing in Renewable Energy Technologies.
8. The Economic Viability of Strategies to Reduce Plastic Pollution.
9. Effectiveness of Carbon Pricing Mechanisms in Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
10. Economic Consequences of Natural Disasters.
11. Economic Importance of Disaster Preparedness and Resilience.
12. Economic Benefits of Transitioning From a Linear to a Circular Economy Model Focused on Resource Efficiency and Waste Reduction.
13. Role of Green Finance & Sustainable Investments in Supporting Eco-Friendly Projects and Businesses.
14. Efficient Water Pricing Mechanisms to Encourage Conservation.
Captivating Environmental Biology Research Topics
Environmental biology research topics will often try to assess the interaction between living organisms and their natural or human-modified environments. Check out these interesting issues to investigate for your biology research proposal .
1. Ways in Which Climate Change Affects the Distribution and Habitat Suitability of Plants.
2. Relationship Between Biodiversity and Ecosystem Health.
3. Role of Keystone Species in Maintaining Ecosystem Processes.
4. Human Factors Contributing to the Decline of Endangered Species.
5. Ecological Effect of Invasive Species on Local Ecosystems.
6. Factors Contributing to Pollinator Decline.
7. Ecological Consequences for Plant-Pollinator Interactions and Food Security.
8. Ecological Effects of Microplastics in Freshwater and Marine Ecosystems.
9. Shifts in the Timing of Seasonal Events in Animals in Response to Climate Change.
10. Ways in Which Changes in Land Use Impact Biodiversity.
11. Ways in Which Deforestation Impacts Ecological Communities.
12. Effects of Agricultural Pollutants on Ecosystems.
13. Challenges of Ecotoxicological Risk Assessments.
14. Ways in Which Wildlife Populations Adapt to Urban Environments.
15. Effects of Conservation on Human-Wildlife Interactions.
16. The Impact of Rising Carbon Dioxide Levels on Coral Reef Ecosystems.
17. The Influence of Marine Tourism on Marine Biodiversity.
DOWNLOAD Here More Environmental Research Proposal Ideas!
Importance of choosing the right environmental research paper topics.
Choosing the proper investigation issue is crucial for the success and impact of your paper. Topics related to environment issues tend to be complicated and demand a thorough understanding of the natural and social dimensions of the problem. But with the right choice, the writing process is much easier and gives a better chance to produce a quality paper.
Poor environmental research paper topics will waste your time, resources and even cause frustration when investigators struggle to meet the word count. So, choose your subjects of investigation wisely or request expert help if you need extra support.
While the above topics for environmental research papers might prove useful, sometimes picking a subject of investigation and working on a proposal can be daunting. But you shouldn’t worry. We have a large team of experienced writers ready to work on your paper and final paper. You only need to send your instructions, and they’ll embark on the task.
We’re here to help with your proposal. So drop us a line anytime you may need professional assistance!
- Borrow, Renew, Request How to borrow materials, request pdf scans, and interlibrary loans .
- Study Spaces Areas for individual and group study and how to reserve them.
- Course Reserves How to access course-related materials reserved by faculty for their students.
- Services for Faculty and Instructors A list of services offered to faculty and instructors at the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Library Instruction Request library instruction for your course or register for a workshop.
- Suggest a Purchase Suggest new materials that support teaching, study, or research.
- Other Services Apply for a research carrel or reserve our lactation room.
- Loanable Technology Cables, adaptors, audio and video equipment, and other devices
- Collections An overview of the various library collections.
- Online Databases Search across 100s of library databases.
- Journals Search journals by title or subject.
- Research Guides Guides for subjects, select courses, and general information.
- OneSearch Finds books and other materials in the UH Manoa Library's collection.
- Scholarly Communication Learn about scholarly communication, open access, and our institutional repositories ScholarSpace , eVols , and the UH System Repository .
- Ask a Librarian Get help by email, online form, or phone.
- FAQ Frequently asked questions.
- Accessibility and Disability Information about accessibility and disability.
- Subject Librarians Find a librarian for a specific subject.
- Copyright Help Links to resources about copyright.
- Technology in the Library Wireless access, scanning, printing.
- English 100 Students The starting point for English 100 research.
- Request a Research Appointment Contact us to schedule an in-person appointment.
- Office and Department Contacts View a list of the departments at the library.
- Jobs at the Library Faculty, staff, and student job opportunities.
- Staff Directory Contact information for staff at the library.
- Exhibits Current and past exhibits at the library.
- Support the Library Find out how you can support the library.
- Our Library Annual reports, mission, values, history, and policies.
- Visiting Hours, directions, floor plans
- News, Blogs & Events News, blogs & events from the library.
Philippines: Marine Ecology & The Environment
- Martial Arts
- Philippine History
- Costumes & Fashion
- Performing Arts
- Sculptures & Paintings
- Food by Region
- Cebuano Language, Literature, History, Arts & Culture
- Human Trafficking
- Marine Ecology & The Environment
- Jose S. Libornio
- Bataan Death March
- HIST 296 ("WWII and Its Legacies in Asia/Pacific")
- Indigenous Peoples of Luzon/The Cordilleras
- The Ilokanos
- The Tagalogs
- Indigenous Peoples in Mindanao
- Mindanao Politics and History
- Islam in the Philippines
- Philippine Boats & Navigation
- Colonial Mentality
- Reference Materials
- Ramon Sison Collection
- Digital Archives
- U.S. Government Documents on the Philippines
This page contains some materials on Philippine marine ecology and the environment. For further information and help, please see the Science & Technology Reference Department .
You can also click on the following libguides for help with your search:
- LibGuides on Marine Science
- LibGuides on Ecology
- LibGuides on Environmental Studies
Media on the Philippine Environment
Planet Philippines, a GMA News and Public Affairs Special ; hosted by Richard Gutierrez
- After the Romance: Communities and Environmental Governance in the Philippines by Karin L. Gollin and James L. Kho (eds) Call Number: ASIA HC460.E5 A48 2008 ISBN: 9715505821 Publication Date: 2008
This is a partial list of materials on the environment in the Philippines.
- Living Stories: Exemplary Philippine Practices on Environment and Sustainable Development by Sylvia R. Mesina ... et al. Call Number: Asia HC79.E5 L58 1999 ISBN: 9718817166 Publication Date: 1999
This is a partial list on marine ecology on the Philippines.
- Atlas of Philippine Coral Reefs by Porfirio M. Alino et. al. (eds) Call Number: GB468.76. A78 2002 ISBN: 9711202506 Publication Date: 2002
- Philippine Coral Reefs: A Natural History Guide by Alan White Call Number: QH187.W5 1987 ISBN: 9711003384 Publication Date: 1987-07-01
- Resource at Risk: Philippine Coral Reefs by Raul Rodrigo Call Number: VIDEOTAPE 21713 Publication Date: 1998
- Philippine Coral Reefs by Larry Bortles Call Number: QH187 .B67 1997 ISBN: 9789719193906 Publication Date: 1997
- Marine Parks and Reserves: Management for Philippine, Indonesian and Malaysian Coastal Reef Environments by Alan Tyler White Call Number: AC1 .H3 no.1855, online available Publication Date: 1984
- Resource Ecology of the Bolinao Coral Reef System by John W. McManus, et al. Call Number: GC1023.76 .R47 1992 Publication Date: 1992
- Tales from Tubbataha: Natiural History, Resource Use and Conservation of the Tubbataha Reefs Palawan, Philippines by Yasmin D. Arquiza, Alan T. White Call Number: ASIA QH541.5.C7 A28 1999 Publication Date: 1999
- Philippine Coastal Marine Habitats at Risk: A Case Study of Guimaras Island by Ricardo P. Babaran and Jose A. Ingles, editors Call Number: ASIA QH541.5 .C65 P476 1997 Publication Date: 1997
The Association for Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Center for Biodiversity is "an intergovernmental regional centre of excellence that facilitates cooperation and coordination among the members of ASEAN, and with relevant national governments, regional and international organisations on the Conservation and Sustainable use of biological diversity, guided by fair and equitable sharing of benefits arising from the use of such biodiversity."
Marine Protected Areas in Southeast Asia compiled by Catherine P.S. Cheung, Porfirio M. Aliño and Hazel O. Acero (2002). This is a digital copy of the book available for free.
- << Previous: Art
- Next: Jose S. Libornio >>
- Last Updated: Feb 6, 2024 12:29 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.manoa.hawaii.edu/philippines
An equal opportunity/affirmative action institution . Use of this site implies consent with our Usage Policy .
- Research Guides
- Learning Skills
- Teaching Resources
- Study Spaces
- Ask A Librarian
- Interlibrary Loan
- Library Faculty/Staff (Internal)
2550 McCarthy Mall Honolulu, Hawaii 96822 USA 808-956-7214 (Reference) 808-956-7203 (Circulation)
Library Digital Collections Disclaimer and Copyright information
© University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Library
- Terms & conditions
- Referral program
In the order page to write an essay for me, once you have filled up the form and submitted it, you will be automatically redirected to the payment gateway page. There you will be required to pay the entire amount for taking up the service and writing from my experts. We will ask you to pay the entire amount before the service as that gives us an assurance that you will come back to get the final draft that we write and lets us build our trust in you to write my essay for me. It also helps us to build up a mutual relationship with you while we write, as that would ease out the writing process. You are free to ask us for free revisions until you are completely satisfied with the service that we write.
Can I pay someone to write my essay?
Time does not stand still and the service is being modernized at an incredible speed. Now the customer can delegate any service and it will be carried out in the best possible way.
Writing essays, abstracts and scientific papers also falls into this category and can be done by another person. In order to use this service, the client needs to ask the professor about the topic of the text, special design preferences, fonts and keywords. Then the person contacts the essay writing site, where the managers tell him about the details of cooperation. You agree on a certain amount that you are ready to give for the work of a professional writer.
A big bonus of such companies is that you don't have to pay money when ordering. You first receive a ready-made version of the essay, check it for errors, plagiarism and the accuracy of the information, and only then transfer funds to a bank card. This allows users not to worry about the site not fulfilling the agreements.
Go to the website and choose the option you need to get the ideal job, and in the future, the best mark and teacher's admiration.
Sharing Educational Goals
Our cheap essay service is a helping hand for those who want to reach academic success and have the perfect 4.0 GPA. Whatever kind of help you need, we will give it to you.
Will I get caught if I buy an essay?
The most popular question from clients and people on the forums is how not to get caught up in the fact that you bought an essay, and did not write it yourself. Students are very afraid that they will be exposed and expelled from the university or they will simply lose their money, because they will have to redo the work themselves.
If you've chosen a good online research and essay writing service, then you don't have to worry. The writers from the firm conduct their own exploratory research, add scientific facts and back it up with the personal knowledge. None of them copy information from the Internet or steal ready-made articles. Even if this is not enough for the client, he can personally go to the anti-plagiarism website and check the finished document. Of course, the staff of the sites themselves carry out such checks, but no one can forbid you to make sure of the uniqueness of the article for yourself.
How to Write an Essay For Me
As we have previously mentioned, we value our writers' time and hard work and therefore require our clients to put some funds on their account balance. The money will be there until you confirm that you are fully satisfied with our work and are ready to pay your paper writer. If you aren't satisfied, we'll make revisions or give you a full refund.
We suggest our customers use the original top-level work we provide as a study aid and not as final papers to be submitted in class. Order your custom work and get straight A's.
Don’t Drown In Assignments — Hire an Essay Writer to Help!
Does a pile of essay writing prevent you from sleeping at night? We know the feeling. But we also know how to help it. Whenever you have an assignment coming your way, shoot our 24/7 support a message or fill in the quick 10-minute request form on our site. Our essay help exists to make your life stress-free, while still having a 4.0 GPA. When you pay for an essay, you pay not only for high-quality work but for a smooth experience. Our bonuses are what keep our clients coming back for more. Receive a free originality report, have direct contact with your writer, have our 24/7 support team by your side, and have the privilege to receive as many revisions as required.
We have the ultimate collection of writers in our portfolio, so once you ask us to write my essay, we can find you the most fitting one according to your topic. The perks of having highly qualified writers don't end there. We are able to help each and every client coming our way as we have specialists to take on the easiest and the hardest tasks. Whatever essay writing you need help with, let it be astronomy or geography, we got you covered! If you have a hard time selecting your writer, contact our friendly 24/7 support team and they will find you the most suitable one. Once your writer begins the work, we strongly suggest you stay in touch with them through a personal encrypted chat to make any clarifications or edits on the go. Even if miscommunications do happen and you aren't satisfied with the initial work, we can make endless revisions and present you with more drafts ASAP. Payment-free of course. Another reason why working with us will benefit your academic growth is our extensive set of bonuses. We offer a free originality report, title, and reference page, along with the previously mentioned limitless revisions.
Essays service custom writing company - The key to success
Quality is the most important aspect in our work! 96% Return clients; 4,8 out of 5 average quality score; strong quality assurance - double order checking and plagiarism checking.
We never disclose your personal information to any third parties
Get access to the final draft
You will be notified once the essay is done. You will be sent a mail on your registered mail id about the details of the final draft and how to get it.
Can I hire someone to write essay?
Student life is associated with great stress and nervous breakdowns, so young guys and girls urgently need outside help. There are sites that take all the responsibility for themselves. You can turn to such companies for help and they will do all the work while clients relax and enjoy a carefree life.
Take the choice of such sites very seriously, because now you can meet scammers and low-skilled workers.
On our website, polite managers will advise you on all the details of cooperation and sign an agreement so that you are confident in the agency. In this case, the user is the boss who hires the employee to delegate responsibilities and devote themselves to more important tasks. You can correct the work of the writer at all stages, observe that all special wishes are implemented and give advice. You pay for the work only if you liked the essay and passed the plagiarism check.
We will be happy to help you complete a task of any complexity and volume, we will listen to special requirements and make sure that you will be the best student in your group.
These kinds of ‘my essay writing' require a strong stance to be taken upon and establish arguments that would be in favor of the position taken. Also, these arguments must be backed up and our writers know exactly how such writing can be efficiently pulled off.
As we have previously mentioned, we value our writers' time and hard work and therefore require our clients to put some funds on their account balance. The money will be there until you confirm that you are fully satisfied with our work and are ready to pay your paper writer. If you aren't satisfied, we'll make revisions or give you a full refund.
- On-schedule delivery
- Compliance with the provided brief
- Chat with your helper
- Ongoing 24/7 support
- Real-time alerts
- Free revisions
- Free quality check
- Free title page
- Free bibliography
- Any citation style
Laura V. Svendsen
- Our Listings
- Our Rentals
- Tenant Portal
Earl M. Kinkade
Allene W. Leflore